• Attended Texas A and M University for two years. Received a B.S. Degree from
Sam Houston State University
• Twenty two years in the construction field. Previous General Contractor
• President and owner of Star Inspection Services, Inc., since 1987
• Licensed as a Professional Inspector with TREC - License #1059.
Professional Corporate License # 8710
• Personal inspected over 13,000 structures
• Member of the Texas Association of Real Estate Inspectors (TAREI). I hold
the highest level in this organization, which is the CPI designation.
(Certified Professional Inspector.) I am a previous Board Member with this
association, Past Secretary-Treasurer and Past President of this association
• Member of the Southern Council of Building Inspectors
• Registered Inspector with ICC
• Previous Compliance Inspector with HOME
• Veterans Administration Inspector
• Past inspection instructor with AMER Technology Systems
• Expert witness
• Construction Consultant
• Over 850+ hours of continuing education
• Construction Phase Inspector
• Designer of Inspection systems and programs used by Star Inspection Services, Inc.
• Certified EDR Inspector
Cecil Brooks - President
Special Experience with relation to the inspection business:
• Past General contractor. Involved in building of homes, hotels, apartment
buildings and large buildings.
Personal Inspection Accomplishments:
• Performed inspections on a resort and several commercial buildings in
• Performed inspections on commercial properties in Los Angeles, Ca., to
include a celebritie's restaurant and a home on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, Ca.
• I have performed residential inspections in Portland, Oregon, as part of a training
program for inspectors, as well as teaching other inspectors.
• I performed several inspections in Central Texas for local celebrities and government